Monday 3 February 2014

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

I FINALLY GOT MY HANDS ON THE URBAN DECAY NAKED 3 PALETTE!
What a long story behind this; I first got the naked 3 as a christmas present from my boyfriend E, then decided I wanted the naked 1 instead and so went to get the naked 1, but realised that the naked 1 was quite meh and similar to colours I already have, and THEN wanted a naked 3 again and actually got it in surrey! But smartie ass right here decided not to buy it in Canada after all since it was ONE DOLLAR more expensive than if I wait till I get home and buy it in Singapore, so I returned it to Sephora. I really annoyed E cus I kept bugging him to drive me to Sephora to swatch the naked palettes. lol. endlessly. almost daily. I couldn’t decide!!
End of grandmother story, and on to the product.
I really love the effect these eyeshadows create together on me! So girly and feminine. Besides, I love pink hehe. I thought that all the colours here were pigmented and really pretty, BUT ‘dust’, the second colour from the left, really really sucks. In fact, it was the reason why I decided to exchange the naked 3 for naked 1 in the first place. I had tested out nyx eyeshadows in similar colours, and alllllll performed better than this ‘dusty’ eyeshadow. Real big disappointment. But otherwise, all the rest were good! So I just decided to heck it and get it. woohoo!! Can’t wait to do swatches and some looks to post next!
BONUS PRODUCTS:
The dual-ended brush that came in the set is passable, and does manage to pick up product quite well. However, they tend to lead to more fallout, for god knows what reason. Both ends are smooth and gentle on the skin, which is always a good thing. I do still prefer my RiRi hearts MAC dual-end 239/217 brush though.
As for the eyeshadow primer potion samples…. these are just LAME. I really prefer a lipgloss or a proper mini primer potion like those that came with naked 1 and naked 2 instead. You can’t even reseal each patch of sample, so giving us a week’s worth in each pocket is…. pointless and dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment