Friday 14 February 2014

Comparison between blending brushes

The Bdellium Tools 776 (Maestro Series) brush is almost a complete dupe for the MAC 217!!! 

Both are handmade with goat hair, the bristles are of the same height and width, and both are equally soft! They blend eyeshadows equally well too. 

This is super impressive considering that I got the Bdellium Tools brush for $9 bucks on iHerb while the usual price for MAC 217 is $33?? I did get it for only $15 at the Valentines' Sale, but still. Phew.

The only difference is that the MAC one is slightly denser than the Bdellium 776. Didn't make a difference in application to me though. 



Left: Bdellium Tools 776
Right: MAC 217

Since I finally got the MAC 217 by itself proper, I compared it with my existing RiRi hearts MAC 217. The RiRi hearts MAC one is handmade too, but as can be seen, the shape is slightly different from the usual MAC 217. It's less rounded, and twice as dense.

When I bought the RiRi hearts MAC one, I chose it partly cus it's 2-in-1 AND cheaper than if I bought the two brushes (239 and 217) separately. BUT, it was also cus i found the usual one a little...flimsy? So at that point in time i preferred the RiRi hearts MAC one. I would say the usual one is more...precise? Since it's thinner afterall. But then again the Bdellium Tools one is even thinner heh. The RiRi hearts MAC 217 blends more effortlessly though.



Left: RiRi hearts MAC 217
Right: MAC 217

(The brushes are a little dirty cus I just washed it yesterday night and used them this morning. But otherwise, they are all white)

No comments:

Post a Comment