Monday 24 March 2014

Eyeshadow Hit List (Updated)

Update:

I've decided AGAINST the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette! There were only two colours that I was in love with anyway: Naked2 and Walk of Shame.

After doing a bit more research, and since I already bought an empty MAC quad, I've rounded up a few MAC ones that are similar in concept. Basically, I want to create a neutral palette that suits my cool undertones as well as my fair skin. I've hyperlink-ed to the best swatches I found for each of the colours (listed in order of preference. Will make final decision when I actually get to Seattle):

  1. greyish-brown/taupe: Omega (1)(2) (beige-grey-brown), Wedge (1)(2)(slightly warmer brown, but still neutral), Haux (1)(2) (maybe a tad too similar to Nooner in UD Naked 3)
  2. darker outer V/liner colour -- also suitable for eyebrows: Charcoal Brown, Concrete (greyer)
  3. champagne/peachy lid colour: Naked Lunch (not VERY pigmented though :\) or All that Glitters 

______________________________________________________________


I've rounded up these two choices, and currently only these two, because I'm kinda on an eyeshadow ban. I DON'T NEED THAT MANY EYESHADOWS, I only have a pair of eyes! >_<
1. MAC Wedge USD $15 (~ SGD $20 after Seattle tax): pigmented, smooth, light pinkish matte brown.
MakeupAlley Reviews: 4.6/5 
2. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette USD $28 (~SGD $37 after tax): for Naked 2 and Walk of Shame, but the others are serviceable too. The packaging is really appealing as well.MakeupAlley Reviews: 4.4/5
Swatched two colours from the UD Naked Basics Palette (top 2), MAC Wedge (bottom left), and my favourite light matte brown shade from my NYX Waiting for Tonight palette (bottom right) that I love. I have to say, the quality of the UD and MAC shadows I swatched are less...chalky? They're equally pigmented, but the NYX shade kicked up more fallout, maybe cus it's too soft?


No comments:

Post a Comment