Friday 29 August 2014

Favourite Face Brushes

My loves:

Real Techniques Buffing Brush
The Real Techniques Buffing Brush is part of the Core Collection Set (which is a MUST-GET because every single brush in it is good, especially the lip/concealer brush). It's the perfect size, not too small and not too big, very dense as you can see from the picture which makes it absolutely great for mineral powder. I use it to buff in liquid foundation such as the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream, or to apply my mineral foundation, the Tarte Airbrush Foundation. The brush helps to spread product evenly, and is rather gentle on my skin as I work it all over my face. Definitely THE foundation brush to buy!


Real Techniques Stippling Brush

The Real Techniques Stippling Brush is a more recent purchase (I bought the Core Collection Set last summer?). In this short time that I've had it, I've been using it almost every single day to apply my blush. It picks up cream blushes like the NYX offering so effortlessly, and can be used with the Clinique Cheek Pop blushes too even though that one's a powder. I haven't been tempted to try using it as a foundation brush yet, given how well my Real Techniques Buffing Brush's been performing. Maybe I'll give it a whirl for that purpose soon, just to test it out?

Real Techniques Setting Brush
THIS IS THE BOMBBBBB. The Real Techniques Setting Brush is an absolute gem in my brush collection. After I'm done with my foundation and concealer, I use this brush to gently tap on my setting powder, currently the Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder, on my T-zone and chin. Previously a subscriber to setting with a powder puff, I've become a total convert - the brush applies a light layer of powder without disturbing my makeup AT ALL. Amazing.

P.S: the brushes all look a lil' dirty heh, I know. Proves that I've been using them frequently!! They actually all have white tips. All three featured are synthetic by the way, as with all Real Techniques brushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment