Wednesday 20 August 2014

Daily School Makeup

Preface: The picture makes everything look more yellow than irl.

Face: bare, except concealer (Collection Lasting Perfection Longwear Concealer 01) on my chin pimple. Short review for the concealer: the lightest shade is a little too pinkish for my skin, but so far I really enjoy using it! It's creamy on application, but dries to a matte and impenetrable finish. I've been reaching out for it the most recently!

Eyebrows: I'm been loving MAC Eyeshadow in Concrete ever since I got it in Vancouver along with the MAC 208 brush. I'm a total convert to powder products for my brows now; they look more realistic and natural than pencil/liquid brow products?

Eyes: Clio Kill Black Brush Liner (oops, was trying to draw my eyeline downwards, but it ended up being a little crooked), MAC Wedge and Grain on my lids.

Cheeks: I am a total fan of the NYX Cream Blush in Rose Petal!!! SUCH a gorgeously natural-looking shade, and it gives my cheeks a glow due to its texture! I mentioned in a previous post that my skin seems sensitive to the formula, but I've had no problems whatsoever with it recently! Alternatively, I've been using the Clinique Cheek Pop in Peach Pop a whole lot as well.

Lips: My baby, the YSL Glossy Stain Rebel Nudes in Pink Taboo 103. It's a pretty watermelon-pink, and is quite similar in colour to the NYX Butter Gloss in Peach Cobbler. This contains subtle micro-glitter that endows the lips with a beautiful shimmery glow. I love it! One thing to note though: the YSL Glossy Stains leaves a film of product on the lips rather than really being absorbed by the lips it seems... I haven't really been impressed with its staying power compared to, say, the L'oreal Colour Extraordinaire Glosses.

No comments:

Post a Comment