Saturday 31 May 2014

Pops of Colour in my MAC palette

I wanted to add some variety to my MAC palette besides just browns lol so tadaa! 


 From top to bottom: Sketch, Satin Taupe, Twinks, All that Glitters

I wanted some colour, but still needed them to be more wearable and suitable for everyday occasions. Thus, I chose those that were more toned down and not as loud. I already have tons of pink shades thanks to my Urban Decay Naked 3 palette, so I didn't bother looking for any others. From my experimentation with the NYX palette (yes, I haven't forgotten about it), I found that orange, pinks, and purples look good on me, rather than say, greens and blues.

Sketch (Velvet) is dark purple with a semi-matte texture, and matches perfectly with Satin Taupe. It is perfect on it's own as a liner shade, or as a base for my Clio Gelpresso Pencil Eyeliner in Bloody Devil.

Satin Taupe (Veluxe Pearl) is just so freaking pretty. It is a purple-taupe with gorgeous shimmer. I never knew I'd love this so much. It is super flattering, and just makes my eyes stand out. Sometimes when I'm wearing monotone ensembles, I really want colour in my accessories and my face to look more...interesting? The quality is superb as well; smooth and buttery in a way that reminds me of Urban Decay eyeshadows.

Twinks (Veluxe Pearl) is a shimmery reddish brown with slight micro-glitter in it that's barely noticeable. I have used it in the outer corner to complement All that Glitters and Arena. Something to note: even though it's a Veluxe Pearl like Satin Taupe, it's not as smooth.

All that Glitters (Veluxe Pearl) is a gorgeous peachy-orange with shimmer and golden micro-glitter. It is really similar to Arena, just its shinier and less orange cousin I guess lol. This was a shade I lusted for while swatching MAC shadows in preparation for this trip. It's a great wash of luxury all over the lids, seemingly creating an insta-glam effect. I would compare the effect of this shadow to that of Trick in my Urban Decay Naked 3, just that Trick is more pinkish.

No comments:

Post a Comment