Sunday 1 June 2014

Purple Haze


Firstly, I filled my brows with MAC Concrete on a MAC 208 brush. The brush is 10x better than what I was using before - The Body Shop Eyeliner brush. It's made of natural hair, which has a stronger grip on powder thus leading to a faster and easier application. I also love that it has a shorter brush width, allowing for more precise strokes.

Using a MAC 217, I swept MAC Satin Taupe all over my mobile lid (the part directly covering the eyeballs) before layering MAC Sketch over it.

The shape formed using MAC Sketch should resemble a rhombus. I find that this complements Asian eyes more so than the technique of piling darker shades on the 'crease', which is not that obvious on us.

Then, I blended the two shadows with the same brush to eliminate harsh lines, and to meld them together more cohesively.

Next, I placed MAC Blanc Type under my brows for a subtle highlight, as well as to blend the outline of MAC Sketch and MAC Satin Taupe. I find that doing so really gives the look a more polished feel.

Lastly, I finished up with eyeliner and mascara. I am currently using Maybelline Volum' Express The Rocket, and have been really impressed with its curling abilities and staying power. The waterproof version of the same mascara is not as volumising. The L'oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim Eyeliner is just okay; it is super black and easy to maneuver, but it smudges. That's a big no-no for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment