Wednesday 14 May 2014

Matte Neutrals in my MAC palette


From left to right: mystery, concrete, wedge, omega, blanc type


Mystery (satin) is a cool dark brown, perfect for lining the eyes with a pencil brush. I chose Mystery over Brun, which is almost identical to Mystery, but inferior in pigmentation and texture.

Concrete (satin) is really similar to mystery, but has greyish tones. I use this for my eyebrows mainly, but it looks good when matched with the cooler toned eyeshadows in my palette too.

Wedge (satin) is a warm medium brown. Unexpectedly, it looks okay on me. I initially thought it would be too orange, but it is a great blending colour for when I use warmer eyeshadow shades such as All That Glitters and Twinks.

Omega (matte) is cool light brown, with a very slight greyish tinge. It's the perfect all-over-lid shade for when I'm lazy! I love this colour so much. So far, I've used it to blend out Satin Taupe and Sketch, it works very well this way as well.

Blanc Type (matte2) is VERY impressive; so creamy, smooth and pigmented that you only need to touch it lightly with a brush to pick up colour. It's a slightly pinkish beige, perfect for highlighting and blending when I mess up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment